Get ready Los Angeles. Gloria Steinem is on the road with her new book, My Life on the Road. She’ll be here next week, November 12th at the Ace Hotel.
When people ask me why I still have hope and energy after all these years, I always say: Because I travel. Taking to the road—by which I mean letting the road take you—changed who I thought I was. The road is messy in the way that real life is messy. It leads us out of denial and into reality, out of theory and into practice, out of caution and into action, out of statistics and into stories—in short, out of our heads and into our hearts.
Come see Gloria. (I’ll be there!)
When: 7 p.m. Nov. 12th
Where: The Theatre at Ace Hotel, 929 S. Broadway, Los Angeles
Get tickets: The Theatre at Ace Hotel
If you aren’t in Los Angeles, you can catch Gloria in one of these other cities on her tour:
- Nov. 7: Random House: Big Ideas Night with Ta-Nehisi Coates, Gloria Steinem and Bryan Stevenson, 8 p.m. in New York
- Nov. 8: Gloria Steinem in Conversation with Cheryl Strayed, 7 p.m. in Seattle
- Nov. 9: Gloria Steinem in Conversation with Chinaka Hodge, 7:30 p.m. in San Francisco
- Nov. 10: Gloria Steinem at JCCSF (with Jada Pinkett Smith), 7 p.m. in San Francisco
- Nov. 12: Gloria Steinem in Conversation with Melissa McCarthy, 7 p.m. in Los Angeles
- Nov. 15: Gloria Steinem in Conversation with Vivien Jennings, 2 p.m. in Kansas City, MO
- Nov. 18: Authors! Authors! — Gloria Steinem, 7 p.m. in Toledo, OH
Here is one of my favorite statements from Gloria:
“Don’t think about making women fit the world – think about making the world fit women.”
This about sums it up. It encapsulates all that I stand for. And she captured it in this one statement. Ahhhhhhhh … the brilliance.
Hope to see you at the Ace Hotel!
Tabby Biddle, M.S.Ed., is a leading voice and advocate for advancing women’s leadership and the human rights of women and girls. She is the author of the #1 Amazon Bestseller, Find Your Voice: A Woman’s Call to Action, now available in paperback. Get your copy here.